Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Michael Anthony Never Quit Van Halen

Michael Anthony never quit Van Halen. He who was interviewed by Musicradar.com yesterday claims that he actually never quit the band. This is just opposite of what has been told earlier by Van Halen frontman, Eddie Van Halen who has claimed that Michael Anthony has quit the band along with vocalist Sammy Hagar. Regarding the two different statements, MusicRadar has contacted Van Halen's management for a response and are currently awaiting a reply.

"I never quit Van Halen," says bassist Michael Anthony, who is now part of the supergroup Chickenfoot . "No way. And the funny thing is, I don't even know why the subject is coming up anymore." "I'm too busy doing my own thing," Van Halen said, who then, completely unprovoked, went into this tirade: "The funny thing is that everyone who quits the band always claims they got fired by me. Hey, I'm not the bad guy here.


"When Hagar left the band, Mike went with him," Van Halen continued. "Then when we get back together with Dave, and all of a sudden, he wants back in. It's like, 'No, dude, you quit the band.' So my son became the bass player. But we didn't give Mike the boot to have my son play."



Michael Anthony, speaking exclusively to MusicRadar, disputes Van Halen's assertions. "Why would I have quit Van Halen? It never happened. And what's weird is, he was being asked about Chickenfoot, whether he had heard us or not, and suddenly he launches into this thing about me quitting the group. What does one thing even have to do with the other?"



Anthony, who says he had to take a pay cut and sign away his rights to the Van Halen name and logo to take part in the 2004 tour the group did with Sammy Hagar, admits that he was stunned to find himself out of the band when they announced their 2007 reunion tour with singer David Lee Roth - an arena run that saw Eddie's son, Wolfgang, on bass.



"I found out about that tour like everybody else did - in the press," says Anthony. "I had no idea. At that point, I kind of sighed and went, 'Whatever. If this is what Eddie wants to do, he's going to do what he wants to do.' If he wants me out of the band and for Wolfgang to play bass, what was I going to do about it?



Even so, the bassist wants to make one thing clear: "I never 'quit.' I never once said, 'I'm out of here.' It never happened. That's the weird thing right now, for Eddie to be trying to paint himself as 'not the bad guy.'



"You know, it's weird to be talking about all of this right now," he continues, "because I'm in such a good place with Chickenfoot. The album we made, the shows we're doing, everything we're all about - we're having a blast. And the fans are digging it and they're responding."



"Eddie says he hasn't heard Chickenfoot, and I believe him, because it's true, he doesn't really listen to anything," says Anthony. "But instead of trying to rewrite the past and talk shit or whatever, he should see what we're doing and go into his studio and make some music. Make music, have some fun. Don't just talk - do!



"Ultimately, all's well that ends well," he says. "I just find it odd that I'm put into a situation where I'm forced to defend myself. Everything is great in my world and I couldn't be happier with the group I'm in. But I don't want people to think I quit Van Halen, because I didn't. It never happened."





Original post by Musicradar.com


1 comments:

Diana Yusuf June 4, 2009 at 4:09 AM  

wow nice infor about music in here

Post a Comment

Visitor

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Followers

Visitors

   

Directories

Top Music blogs Free Blog Directory Music Top Blogs blog directory Blog Directory TopOfBlogs Music Business Directory - BTS Local music controversy blog Rock | Metal State Your Blog - Blog Top Sites - www.stateyourblog.com DigNow.org Blog Directory & Search engine Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory BlogRankers.com Google bot last visit powered by Gbotvisit.com Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Ybotvisit.com Increase Page Rank
SEO Friendly Blog Directory XChannel Music Blogs - Blog Rankings Music (Blogs) - TOP.ORG Blog Search, Blog Directory Blogs lists and reviews Directory of Music Blogs Free SEO directory Fairu.com >> Website Directory Yogbu - Free Link Submission Directory This blog discusses about great rock and metal musicians around the world.It covers their past, present and future works.Free online guitar lessons also available. blogarama - the blog directory
2009 copyright GuitarsHits.blogspot.com | Rock Metal News

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP